A solvent is a liquid, solid, or gas used to dissolve a solid, liquid, or other solute, forming a solution that can dissolve in a certain volume of solvent at a specified temperature.
Industrial solvents used in: Dry cleaning, paint thinners, nail polish remover and glue remover solvents, in detergent, in perfume.
Application of industrial solvents
Application of industrial solvents:
- Production of paints and resin resins, cleaning solvents
- Used as a dehydrating agent in medicine production
- Solvent cleaning and dehydrating for electronic components
- In the cosmetics industry, paint and water wash nail polish.
- Used to compress acetylene gas.
Solvent industrial TOLUEN:
- Toluene is widely used in both car paint and home furnishing, paint painting, and marine painting.
- Toluene is also used as a diluent and as a component in cleaning products.
- Because Toluene has a strong solubility, it is used in the manufacture of adhesives and similar products, used in rubber adhesives …
- Additive for fuel: Toluene is used as an improvement in octane index of gasoline, and as an additive for fuel.
- Producing dyes, perfume additives.
Industrial solvent ISOBUTANOL:
- As a raw material for production of isobutyl acetate – a substance used as a solvent for paint, and as a flavoring agent in the food industry.
- A precursor of isobutyl esters such as Diisobutyl Phthalate plasticizer (DIBP).
- Solvent paint, paint remover
- Ingredients in ink
- Additives for paint, reduce viscosity, improve flowability
- Additives in gasoline, reduce the freezing of carburetors.
- Automobile polishing additives and automotive paint cleaners
- Extracts in the production of organic compounds.
Industrial solvents METHANOL:
- Production of paints and plastics: Using methanol in the production of Urea-formaldehyde resin and phenol-formadehyd. These substances are raw materials for the crude carton industry.
- Rubber industry: Methanol is widely used as a solvent for rubber in producing various products.
- Methanol is also used in: Ink, Glue, Antifreeze ….
IPO Industrial Solvent – ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL:
- Used to replace ethanol in certain paints without changing the viscosity of the paint.
- IPA has a good ability to dissolve many types of plastics, when adding only small amounts of IPA will significantly increase the solubility of nitrocellulose so it is a common industrial solvent.
- Detergent: 35% to 50% Isopropyl alcohol with water is a very effective glass cleaner. IPA is also used in liquid soap, combined with chlorinated hydrocarbons as bleach.
- Antifreeze: IPA is a suitable substance to be put into gas and gasoline lines to prevent freezing in winter (in cold countries), IPA is also a useful refrigerant in air conditioning and refrigeration systems. .
- Used in cosmetic industry.
Industrial solvent Isophorone:
- Extremely popular applications in the paint and ink industry, especially in the use of silk screen printing to dilute paint, reduce the drying rate of paint or ink, avoid ink clogging …
- Increases gloss, adhesion, durability of paint, mold resistance, water resistance …
- As a common solvent in the manufacturing industry of pesticides and herbicides.
Industrial solvent Cyclohexanone:
- In the PVC water pipe industry, Cyclohexanone is an additive in PVC adhesives to regulate evaporation rates.
- Production of PVC ink is popular for making low-cost pvc ink, which has good adhesion ability on simili but hardly any comparable ink.
- In the tanning industry: used as a bleaching agent and as an additive to increase the adhesion of color paint on the skin, to produce leather imitation products such as raincoats, jackets and handbags.
- Used as a bleach to use with violet and oxalic acid to remove silk plates. If it is an ink frame, the old man can clean the silk frame after printing. Also it is a quite effective paint remover.
- Materials for synthesizing other plastics such as amines, emulsifiers, antihistamines and catalysts in synthetic polyester resins